Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting loopy

I've been trying to chase someone down this week to get a response to a question. I won't mention who or where but it is one of the current 2016 bid cities. The second email just went out this afternoon. The first one was Friday. I am not saying I expect an immediate response, but a prompt one, at least within a couple of business days. Contrast this to my friends at VANOC (love you guys) who found out a little used email address and have been emailing me thier updates on that one. I very rarely (if ever) give out that address and have *never* given it out for Olympic business. I just had to smile when I recieved the first VANOC email and said to myself "you guys got it right!" Those are people who WANT to keep people like me in the loop.

Maybe if you have a secretary, you have time to chase people down. But on days like today when other non-sport related business has to be taken care of, it would be a common courtesy to take a few moments to respond, a quick email, or even something that said "we're tied up at the moment but we will get back to you within______(insert time here.)"

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down. Being selective in trying to get your message out doesn't work. Witholding info only tells me you have something to hide.

And if you do, rest assured, I will find out about it and scribe it here.

BOCOG would tell you it's not worth it.