Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Jock, The Nerd, The Princess, The Principal

We're hitting the road in several weeks. First stop: Philadelphia. Next up is Denver. Finishing it out in Minneapolis. Guess which stop is going to produce the most fireworks: Denver, by far.

In looking at the attendee list for Sport Accord, it appears to be the most stellar group of people in one place for a long time. I can't even remember at an IOC session the caliber of attendees being this prominent. Everyone from the former NFL commissioner to Ted Turner. Plus the associated characters in between. Some people I haven't seen since Guatemala City, and can't wait to see again. The others? I will file them under the heading of I'm Just Not That Into You. Not too many in the latter, a lot in the former (of which I am most grateful.)

I caught the last few minutes of The Breakfast Club tonight. It's a movie I have seen a zillion times before. I had to laugh becuase there is a line in the film that goes something like "you are going to see us as you think we are" and names some of the above characters. I had to start laughing because I could link a name of someone who will be in Denver to the above characters. The Princess has everyone fawning over her. The Nerd has a heart of gold. The Jock is totally larger than life and has lived a thousand lifetimes. The Principal: I just roll my eyes when he walks by-a total waste of space.

It's going to be one heck of a week in Denver. I am looking forward to it. New city-new ideas.

Don't you forget about it.