Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's Random Thoughts

We haven't had one of these in awhile-enjoy, because on Monday we will be discussing some heavy stuff.



1. Jon and Kate, as one comedian said the other night, throw 'em in that darn balloon.

2. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery-I know because you read me (you know who you are.) I wish I didn't have to keep saying this every so often.

3. Would you believe, there is a restaurant up the street that has Christmas lights on already?!?

4. I was able to do early voting today, if it is offered in your area, please take advantage, and if there is one candidate you especially support, they will appreciate it. I have two political signs in front of my house. A friend of mine is running in District 5 here.

5. The postal workers in the UK have gone on strike for 24 hours today. If you have relatives, and you want to make sure things get delivered for the holiday, think of other alternatives-I am. There's talk it could stretch longer the closer to December. Hello FedEx.

6. I just signed up for Facebook-didn't know how many friends I have that have that are on there.

7. Here we go again with talk about Munich's Winter Olympic bid-don't believe a word you are reading about who the front runner is. It's too early, (we'll be discussing this on Monday, so sit tight.)

8. What is it with airfares this year? $1500 round trip to Manchester UK. Not this year to see the mother-in-law.

9. Damm, what IS it with little kids dying? The laws need to be changed. Our young people are at risk, and the existing laws (i.e. Megan's Law) aren't strong enough.



See you on Monday-be good!