Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday's Random Thoughts

Let's go surfing! Here are a few websites (not all Olympic related) that I enjoy and read on a regular basis.


www.thebigproject.co.uk/news---one thing I really miss from not being in the UK is going down to the corner newsstand and getting my copies of The Times (London), Daily Mail, Daily Mirror and News of the World. Here I can read them all online.


www.findmadeline.co.uk---no explanation needed.


www.aroundtherings.com---please visit my friends Ed and Sheila Hula who run this excellent website. If you want up-to-the-minute Olympic news, this is the ONLY website you will ever need. (After you finish with ATR, come see me for Olympic commentary and opinion.) There is also a link on how you can subscribe to the electronic edition and daily email updates.

www.pageant.com---another friend of mine runs this site. If you have a friend that competes or is intersted in the pageant world, direct them to Pageant News Bureau.


www.themoscowtimes.com---Web site of my favorite English-language Russian newspaper. It's too expensive to subscribe to the paper version but this is the next best thing to read it online.


www.moscow2001.olympic.org---where it all started. If you look in the archive photographs, you might see me hunched over a computer! There is an audio link to the President's news conference on the site also.


www.blackpoolonline.co.uk---Blackpool Gazette newspaper. My mother-in-law lives near there and my early married life was spent there. Not as tacky as some people think the place is.




Well, there are just a few of the sites I enjoy to visit, some in my off time.


Be good and see you Monday!!