Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What could have been

I just returned from a week in Philadelphia. I actually stayed out in the suburbs but got to see quite a bit of the city on the one day I was downtown. It's one place that I thought would do much better with their Olympic bid.

I've always felt they should try again. The Olympics coming there would do wonders for the revitalisation of the city. There are similarities between them and Atlanta and a legacy of an Olympics in the PHL would do wonders. But it might take several bids to win a Games (as it seems the current trend is heading towards.)

One can only imagine what a Philadelphia games would have been like. The only way we will ever know is if they bid again-which I hope they do.

The legacy would be tremendous, I am sure.

Tomorrow: who do YOU want answering the phone at 3AM in Lausanne this summer?