Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday's Random Thoughts

It's been a good week so far-how about you? But the flip-flopping weather is tiresome. Can't spring get here fast enough?!?




The US Embasssy in London has rejected Amy Winehouse for a visa to perform at Sunday's Grammy Awards. Knowing how that particular Embassy works in visa matters, they are one of the better ones to deal with. I am sure they explored every avenue to try to approve her application. Even Amy says she was treated fairly by them. I hope she wins all six of her nominations on Sunday. (Sat: 5:45AM: there is an article on the BBC website that says the Embassy "has had a change of heart" and approved her visa.)

I am tired of celebrities on the covers of magazines like Vogue, Glamour, Cosmopolitan and Harpers Bazaar. Bring back the models!

I thought most City Halls had metal detectors. It was a tragedy what happened up in Missouri. Hope this makes city officials wake up and take their premises more seriously. My local city up in Michigan doesn't even have metal detectors in their courtrooms!

I just love that Toyota (?) commercial with the birds and various insundry animals singing along to Rock Me Gently. By the way, WEHT Andy Kim?

I don't understand what the big deal is about child car seats. I grew up in the sixties and we turned out just fine. AND we rode up front too!

We have some easing of water restrictions here. I wonder if there ever was a water crisis. Even in the 80's, we had some pretty devastating hot summers, but no talk of water restrictions ever materialised. Just asking.

We have a state legislator here who wants to require seat belts in trucks. I am not too fond of the seat belt laws in general and thankfully there are a lot of pols in the farm counties here in opposition. Maybe the first step to elimination of mandatory seat belt legislation in this state? We can only hope. (And how about elimination of mandatory insurance for good drivers? Are you like me and tired of p*****g away money every month on something you aren't getting any return on? I could have invested all that money that is currently wasted on premiums.)

I am looking forward to 2009 Sport Accord in Denver and the IOC Session in Denmark. I am getting a really creepy feeling about 2008 Sport Accord in Greece and decided to take a pass on it this year. I've learned to listen to my second sense. Can't put my finger on it. BTW, I love these type of events---but there are always a few folks around who think they are oh-so-important and try to impress others with their postition, job or stance in the international community. I for one am not suckered in by these people.

WEHT Eddie the Eagle?

My friend in the UK when I was looking to name this blog said I should call it "Five Ring Fever." I took a pass-sounded like a dreaded disease!

Why can't the gas company get the bill right? I've got to call them again on Monday.




Back on Monday (after I call the gas company!)