Friday, February 1, 2008

What's with the weird email?

Got another one.

This time via India. India?!?

Don't know anyone there. But whoever emailed me must have had a lot of time on their hands to dig up a posting (Olympic-related) that I made in December of 2001. Heck, even I forgot that I wrote it. (Come on, how many of us even remember what we posted back then unless we go into search and actively look for it?)

I am not sure if this is related to the via-China email I got about a month ago. Not sure if it's the run-of-the-mill nutcase, or someone who's got some valuable info that is trying to suss me out.

I don't know what the deal is with this person(s). Whoever it is, I am not bashing them, just trying to figure out who they are and what their scene is. I know everyone in this business gets weird and crazy emails, but my gut feeling is that this one is different.

If there is something this person wants to tell me, they can do, in confidence.

If you are serious, don't be afraid to come forward. You may be a hero to someone else.

Or for someone.

If you're not serious and are just jacking me around, stop wasting my time and get a hobby, or do something.

Or stand for something.

Anything.