Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday's (sniffle) Random (sneeze!) Thoughts

I've been battling a nasty case of the flu most of this week. Thank goodness for the 24 hour pharmacy that is down the street. I hope everyone else is staying well---and out of the doctor's office!



I had two groups of kids ring the doorbell on Halloween, even though the lights in the house were off downstairs. No lights, no candy! Maybe next year.

My two absolutely favorite songs-of-the-moment are the Teddybears "Different Sound" and Kid Rock's "So Hott"...everytime I hear them on the car radio, I swear I am going to blow out the speakers because I turned the volume up so high.

Can't construction companies be more careful? We've had several incidents of streets being blocked off when a JCB or Catepillar-type machine hit a gas line. It's the law here you have to "call before you dig." I don't know anyone who's worked construction so maybe this isn't really the danger TV news makes it out to be because the companies are always careful (??)

Did anyone watch the Heather Mills McCartney interview on Today? Shut up, settle or better yet, GET A JOB!

Is it my imagination or are the pre-Christmas and Thanksgiving sales getting started earlier this year?

Speaking of Thanksgiving, the one day I am so grateful that I don't work in retail management anymore is the day after the holiday. Anyone who doesn't go to a mall during the year can be guarenteed to show up the day after Thanksgiving.

What was it tonight with Bravo running the film "Notting Hill" for four hours straight? Programming error, maybe? It's one of my favorite movies, but there is something called overkill.

I have to admit: the National Enquirer and Globe are my guilty pleasures.

Who is that snotty-sounding woman with the English accent who does the ads on TV for those gold coins commercials? Like nails on a chalkboard. Men, can you imagine waking up next to her in the morning? I think not!

I once had a chance to take a private tour of the Kremlin-and turned it down. I've regretted it ever since. Who knows whom I would have run into?

Is it my imagination or is there not that kind of excitement this year about college football?


Back on Monday as usual!