Thursday, November 15, 2007

So far, so good

50+ posts and counting. It's definitely a challenge to think of something to write five days a week. But that can be filed under the category of discipline. And a good attitude, of which I have previously discussed here.

I was at a meeting tonight at the Wellness Community. My late husband's oncologist was the featured speaker. I went partly to thank him for the care he gave Ken and also to support my husband's memory and my pageant platform of Brain Tumor Awareness. One of the things he discussed tonight was attitude and initiative. He said that those who actively participated in their treatment had a much better chance of recovery than those who were passive, didn't ask questions, and uninvolved.

I drove home thinking that could apply to so many other things. Attitude and Initiative. The right mindset with the right partipation equals success. Wheather that two-way street takes you to the doctor's office, or face to face with a sport or business icon (guarenteed to happen if you hang in the Olympic world), it's a formula that almost always will bring success and further opportunities as a result.

Just watch out for the red lights. The green is just on the other side.