Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday's Random Thoughts

Hope everyone had a great Christmas (notice I am not going to be PC and say "holidays") but I am ready for warmer weather. January cabin fever stinks. I've had about all I can handle of the cold weather. I just hope the bulbs my late husband planted will bloom-we've had several hard freezes here.



Just what is it with the murders of young women lately? They found the body of that pregnant Marine today. I don't understand it.

The stock market is way down for this week's trading. Something like 250 points today. This is one time I wish I wasn't in the market, but it always seems to bounce back.

There is talk of a Delta merger. They claim that might be the only way to survive. How about bringing back good service? I was thinking of going to Barbados at the end of the month for a conference. The flight is 4 1/2 hours, and NO meal in coach. People at the back of the plane are increasingly getting shafted. I remember when my late dad used to travel for business, and the service was always good, no matter where you sat. Not any more.

Can someone explain the Hannah Montana phenomenon to me? I don't quite get it. Back when I was in high school in the 1970s, David Cassidy ruled (and still does...we saw his show in Blackpool before Ken and I came back to the States. My late husband never let me forget it. If a man can sit thru two hours of middle-aged women screaming, that's a REAL man!)

Bravo to the house on the next street over who didn't take down their Christmas tree until the 12th day of Christmas! That's when I took down my decorations too.

All of us are talking about why Easter is SO early this year.

Isn't it a bit silly that some grocery stores have those plastic covers for certain magazines? It's not as if they are selling Playboy or Penthouse. This is Cosmopolitan, and the other day, even Fitness was covered up. Oh pluheese. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

They caught the two people that broke into my neighbors house. It was two kids, 19 and 21. They hit another house the same day. The courts are so backed up, they won't go to trial for another six months.

I watched the movie "Music and Lyrics" last night. I didn't know Hugh Grant could sing that well!



Back on Monday. And be good in the meantime!