Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday's (soon-to-be-snowy!) Random Thoughts

We're getting ready for Round Two of wintry weather. Fridge is stocked, and I am ready. Bring it on! (just don't want the power to go out-our subdivision was lucky last time.)




That British Airways pilot who crash landed the plane with no loss of life is a hero. And good looking too-next stop, the cover of Men's Vogue. Or at least Jay Leno's show, hopefully!

I have been disappointed so far withe the Target GO designers. Poor quality garments that fall apart. I am hoping for better from the next designer, Jovovich-Hawk.

Could someone please tell me why the service in Doubletree Hotels is so bad? They are a division of Hilton so you'd think that they would be right "up there" with their parent company. I've stayed in Doubletrees three times and every time the service was horrible. Never again.

My local grocery store has a great Super Bowl display. They really take the time to do it up right. Two giant plastic football helmets anchor it. Wonder if they will give those away or they go back to Pepsi?

I don't understand the appeal of Katherine Heigl.

Did anyone see the news report of that American Idol rejected contestant who bawled her eyes out? It was all over the news. She didn't sound that bad, actually. Give her a second chance guys. You made a mistake!

Two cops over in DeKalb County were shot dead this week. It was a few nervous hours in this house before they released the names. One of my best friends is on the force there. A sigh of relief to find out it wasn't Mike. I feel sorry for the two families who lost husbands and fathers. 32 and 26 years old. RIP (and tell your local cop you appreciate what they do.)

Is the writer's strike ever going to end?

There are still leftover holiday labels of 2 liter Coke at my local grocery store.



Back on Monday, (after we dig out, LOL)