Wednesday, January 16, 2008

None of your business!

Gah-give me a break. I am almost tempted to buy, out of spite.

BOCOG has decreed that you must submit a photo if you have Opening or Closing Ceromony tickets, allegedly to prevent unauthorised transfer or sale of the tickets.

Who are they fooling? Certainly not me.

I certainly wouldn't set one foot in mainland China (as if they would grant me a visa anyway), but I am almost tempted to buy an OC or CC ticket, just to resell it and see what big bad BOCOG might do to me. Like I am scared, whoooo.

People's plans change, a lot. Issues come up, travel plans change. I don't think anyone who is holding these tickets should ask for permission to sell them. Otherwise you are left with a pretty expensive piece of paper that you can't use.

We didn't have this problem in Atlanta. People sold tickets, people paid for them and had a good time at the events they attended. Every big-name event is going to have counterfeits. Requiring photos won't stop that problem. AFAIK, they do not have the photo requirement for the other events. I've heard it's to stop possible protesters. But that can happen anywhere-and BOCOG's heavy-handedness smacks of, well, you know the drill.

My advice to BOCOG (as if they would take my advice anyway): mind your own damm business and focus on the important stuff:

Like addressing the problems up to this point you have refused to acknowledge.

It would be a start-and maybe a small improvement in the poor image you have with a lot of people that have tried to engage you in conversations.

But then you don't listen, do you?