Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Who's reading?

I know my friends are. Colleagues too, including one very nice lady who sent me an email right at the beginning and said she "is looking forward to reading more." That is the kind of support I like.

There's also some reading that I wish wouldn't---including one who took a chunk of what I wrote and passed it off as their own. That isn't nice.

I suppose it happens to all of us at some time or another. I would not have minded if this person had properly credited me as the original author. Except for a few words here and there, it was almost identical to a section I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

That isn't nice. Remember what I said at the beginning? There is room for everyone.

Play nice---I don't like to get ripped off.

Don't do it again.

Could someone tell me why people feel the need to do this? I am trying to understand it all.

Maybe there is someone out there that can enlighten me---and the person who felt they had the liberty to lift my material as their own.